Sunday, June 12, 2011

saturday adventure - 89a to sedona

driving down 89a
i love how beautiful it is here

we pulled over and let the kids out to hike down to    the river

Austin balancing on rocks in the river

J helping Madison

she made it to the big rock near the middle

it didn't take to long for the shoes to come off
next time we know to wear "river shoes"

Madison and Austin playing in the river

Austin sit down and let me take a few pictures
I really like this one of him
so handsome

J teaching the kids how to skip rocks
he got 4 "skips"

Austin got 3
not bad for a first timer

Madison playing in the river
she loved it here and can't wait to go back

Austin helping Madison in a rough area
they were slipping all over
and having a great time

2 hours later we were on our way to Sedona

Madison's big smile
she was having such a good time

Madison by a horse statue

we had lunch at Taos Cantina
it was a bit pricey - but pretty good

Madison by the javelina statue
she wanted her picture taken by all the statues

we made a quick stop at the candy store and headed back

scenic stop on the way back

Madison and J
now that I see this - not the safest to let Madison sit ON the wall

I love how these 2 get along - out of the house

windy ride home
the kids wanted the windows down
with the beautiful weather we are having - why not?

just before we got back into town there was a      roadside jerky stand
J let Austin try one
he pick buffalo (yuck)
Austin loved it

a better picture of the jerky
(since I forgot to take a picture of the roadside stand)

and proof I was there
I am (will always be) behind the camera
so I plan to have some kind of proof I was there
maybe next time I will get J or Austin to take a      couple picture of me, well see

No comments:

Post a Comment