Wednesday, August 11, 2010

2010 - 11

I dropped the boys off at there jr highs - no problem. They were ready to be back in school. Or, is it I was ready for them to be back? Either way, we've done this the last 9 years, they are in 8th grade, so like I said no problem. Then Madison and I drive to her school, get there about 10 minutes too early, but we had a place to park. We sat in the car for a few minutes and just talked, not really about anything. Then it was time o head in. I this great plan, we had read the Kissing Hand last night, and I was going to give her, a kissing hand. I try to tell her that I love her and... I just couldn't, tears were welling up. I didn't want to loose it and make her loose it (not that I think she would, she was so excited). So I just kiss her palm, calmed myself down, and off we went. She said Hi to her teacher, played on the playground for a few minutes, lined up, I grabbed a hug and kiss, and she went right inside. No big drama scene. No teary break down. Just one very happy girl.
I love how nice they look the first day
no holes in the jeans
the boys showered
Madison let me put her hair up
This is Zac - not seen very often here
he's not a fan of my camera
so no real smile
he also 13 so the real smiles are harder to find :)
And here's Austin
he's getting better about letting me take pics
I love the messenger bag
how handsome is he?
And Madison, she picked out a new first day of school outfit
she also had a back pack full of the school supplies that she didn't really need
but i could resist - barbie folders and notebooks, markers, crayons...
and the smile never left her face,
i picked her up 5 hours ago and she is still talking about school,
the songs they sang, her friend parker, the playground, dancing...
I'm really happy she had such a great day.







So day one was great. The kids go up on time, they looked cute, and they were happy. School was more then just "fine". I hope this is the start to great year for all 3 of them.

No comments:

Post a Comment