Thursday, January 6, 2011

holding my breath


 Madison had an appointment with her pediatrician today. She has been coughing every night for over a month now, but just at night. Dr M checked her breath sounds, did several breathing tests, gave her a breathing treatment, did another test, and everything came back normal. Madison does not have drainage, bronchial asthma, or anything else that Dr M tested for. So a chest CT was ordered, "just as a precaution". Madison did great getting through all the tests and the CT, and now we wait. And I worry. Mostly because I have read that one of the first place brain cancer spreads is to the lungs. I know that is what Dr M is testing for, I told her that I read too much online and ask if she is checking for spreading. (we don't say cancer, because Madison still does not know that she had cancer) Dr M said it was just a precaution, but yes that is what the test is for. I love that she is so cautious with my daughter, but really it's just a cough, just at night.... why does everything have to be a scare?

No comments:

Post a Comment