Wednesday, January 12, 2011

exhale... a little

CT came back clean, not cancer. We got the results the same day Madison did the chest CT, I'm bad at updating. Madison is still coughing, but she is sick too. Her fever was 102 on Monday so she had to stay home from school. She was really upset and promised that she would cover her mouth when she coughed so she didn't get the other kids sick. I explained that this is a different kind of sick and that temps over 100 = days home with mom. We watched Barbie Fashion Fairytale 5 times, no joke. It was so nice to spend the day lounging on the couch with her. 

So back to the cough, we were told that something in her room could be causing her to cough. I had her take the 50 stuffed animals that she sleeps with out of her bed. She is down to 2 that she just can't live without. I washed her sheets (2nd time this week, this time with baby detergent). I vacuumed her mattress and under her bed. I dusted all the wood part of her bed. And... she is still coughing. Dr M (ped) said that if she is still coughing this week to bring her back and she will refer Madison to a pulmonologist. I will see how she is doing Friday.  

No comments:

Post a Comment