Monday, March 21, 2011

and he's off

J left this morning to start a job up north; the rest of us will follow as soon as the little ones are on summer break. J has travelled for work for the last couple years but for some reason this separation already feels harder. We will see him Saturdays and Sundays so really it's no different then the travelling he has done, and he is so much closer then many times before, but it feels so different. I miss him so much already. I can't wait to be settled and together again.

The kids are not happy about the move. Austin (my quiet one) doesn't say much; just that he is not excited. And Madison sobbed that she didn't want to move because she likes our house and will miss her room. J told Zac this morning and he was worried about missing the classes he registered for at the high school here. I hate upsetting them, but we are really hoping this is for the best, that they will adjust quickly, make friends fast and enjoy living in a small town.

I will miss our families. My parents, sisters, and J's parents live here in "the valley". We don't see them as often as we should, but they are close, and are always willing to help, and that's always been comforting. Sounds silly coming from a 34 year old, wanting to be close to home, but I do. I've promised my sister Alicia that I would keep my blog updated with pictures and stories about the kids, and made her promise to do the same (Alicia please keep to that promise, the girls are growing so fast and I am going to miss so much). Luckily, my big sister and I talk almost every day, I hope that continues, now if I can just get her to take some pictures, and maybe keep their family blog updated :) I will have to work on the other 2. Maybe I will be able to get them to blog too? What do you guys think?  I love them all and will miss being able to easily see everyone. I've promised the kids that we would visit often; I hope I am able to keep that promise.

I'm going to go and call the husband, i love being able to say that - husband, i miss him.

Oh, Alicia, as promised here are some pictures I took of Austin and Madison last week (Zac was at his mom's)




3 comments:

  1. {{{{{{{{Huggles}}}}}}}}} Separation is hard and when the children pull you in two direction it's harder still.
    Great photos of your Son and Daughter

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope things work out better than expected!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a tough transition :( I think blogging is a great way to keep family up to date. Reassure your sisters that they don't have to have a public blog, it can be set to private so only family members and selected frends can access it. I also think webcams and skype are amazing exp when you have grandparents involved. Good luck! Oh, came here for BFS with Shimelle.

    ReplyDelete