Thursday, May 28, 2009

My Wish List

So I started my “wish list” about a week or so ago and J surprised me with a granted wish so I thought I should post before anymore surprises come.
I will start with my granted wish - I would love to take my family camping (or as J calls it, cabining) again. We went 2 years ago and stayed in beautiful cabins up north in Greer. We were able to escape the heat for an extended weekend. We took the boy fishing for the first time, and let the girls play in the dirt, everyone hiked, and the weather was beautiful. It was lovely. I want to go back this summer. – And last night I found out this wish is being granted, kinda. J and I will be spending an extended weekend in December in Greer with his mom and dad, and possibly J's brother and sister and there family. So although we will not be escaping the crazy AZ heat in the summer, we will get to take the kids cabining (that’s really a word? No spell check error, there is a grammar issue with spell check though, funny) in the snow. That is a huge deal for us, I’m so excited. J and I thought is would be cool to give the kids a weekend in the snow, what a fun way to get away and enjoy our life (making memories – I can see J rolling his eyes before he even reads this).
I would still love to go this summer with my sisters and their families and my mom and dad. That will be tough. I’ll have to try to get some OT at work and save my pennies. I’ll work on it. How awesome would that be though – 2 times in one year? (I know I’m really easy to please, just get me out of the city and I one happy girl)
Warning – last Greer trip I took almost 1000 pictures in just 3 days, be prepared for tons of fun snow pictures.

Second, thru Make a Wish and Give Kids the World our family has free admission to hundreds for amusement parks and zoos for the next year. I would like to take the kids to Legoland and both San Diego Zoos before this expires. This is a possibility this summer. We will have to see how the money thing goes, I’m crossing my fingers.

Disneyland for Madison’s 5th birthday. My sister Alicia and her husband Scott, and my sister Melissa, and I took Austin and Logan (Melissa’s son) for their 5th birthdays. We had a blast and I would like to take Madison for her 5th birthday. (Yes, this would be just Madison and J and I. However, and yes I stole this idea from another blog I read, this year J and I have decided that for the kids birthdays instead for buying stuff, we are going to make memories. J would laugh if he heard it said that way, but he totally agreed that doing something cool is better then buying presents. So each of our kids will get one on one time with us for their birthdays, doing something they want to do.

Another granted wish, J and I have been waiting to here back from the Jr High that we had applied for a boundary exception for the boys. Today, J and I got a call that both Austin’s and Zac’s boundary exception has been granted – yeah. I’m really excited. From what I have read, it is a really good school. Hopefully it will be fun transition from charter school to public school. (I think the boys are more excited that there are no uniforms – me? not so excited about that)

And for something I know that I will be able to do, I want to get the Disney or other kids cookbooks and spend time cooking with the kids. I have never really learned how to cook. I can put a pizza in the oven, make mac and cheese, and even make a grilled cheese. But I never really learned how to cook. (I know, my poor kids are deprived). That might have a little to do with the fact that when I was in 6th grade, I dropped a pot holder in the oven taking out biscuits, it immediately caught fire burning my parents kitchen. I think I may have been banned from the kitchen. So, the kids and I will learn together, hopefully without and major disasters. I think it will be fun and a great way to spend time with them. So as we start making fun new meals I will post pictures of how fabulous everything turns out and how much fun we had in the process.

So that’s it for now. I will get to work planning my Greer trip, getting school stuff together for enrollment, and thinking of birthday ideas. I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

  1. Well in making your plans, don't forget ME! We are less than an hour from Greer!!!

    ReplyDelete